Thursday, November 27, 2008

In La Paz

When I stepped on the dock to La Paz, my thoughts were all focused on what I'd do. Armed with my purse and laundry, I caught glimpses of restaurants, people, bathrooms, then the laundry.
The laundry required tokens which you can get at the  Dock restaurant. There are a lot of times I wish that I could speak Spanish. This is one of them.

The next week was a whirl of chores, parties, and people. The most memorable was the party at Victory Cat. Earlier, I volunteered to help Victory Cat. I did dishes, looked for ingredients, vacuumed the floor, brought up appetizers, set table, and helped to lift up her door. Ruth, first mate on Victory Cat and the only one on the boat till her husband got back, made a heavenly meat mixture.
Since the grownups talked about boring stuff. We watched the movies, Shrek 1 and Atlantis.

More updates on In La Paz coming soon.      

Mera Conger
s/v Don Quixote




No comments: