Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Party

The New Years party this year was less than what I expected. For start, I had a split-head headache and a fever. Mom sent me to sleep when the kids arrived. I spent the duration of my nap listening to the sound of laughter and the splashing of water. I decided the heck with it and jumped in to the water. Effectively, my headache disappeared when I hit the water. I spent the next hour being knocked off our blow-up island and swimming with the other kids. The water was cold then moderately cool. 

We tried to knock each other off the island which resulted in lots of yelling. The island was so slippery. You could just slide off it at any time. It became a mighty feat to stay on for more than a minute. After swimming, the grown-ups shoved us in the salon with a movie and resumed talking. We watched Monsters Inc and Holes. Anyway, the younger kids went home after the movies. The party was supposed to go on to 12:00 o'clock, but I conked out at 10:00. No fireworks for me. The reason I conked out was because of my demon from hell of a headache which chose that moment to appear again.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mera Conger
s/v Don Quixote




No comments: