Monday, January 24, 2011

Clothes

Clothes. They mean a lot to some people, very little to others, and the world to yet others. To some people, clothes are like breathing. Necessary, taken for granted, and rarely thought about.  To other people, clothes are like food. Thought about a lot, needed, wanted, and in an excessive supply. Shopping is the favorite passion for most teenagers, but I wonder if all of them actually like clothes that much, or are just shopping because that seems to be what everyone else likes to do.

I for one like clothes, but until recently have thought very little about how I look in them.  Now however, I'm becoming increasingly aware of how I look to everyone else, and I've changed my dressing habits because of that. I'll never be as crazy about clothes as my older sister though. Jaime adores clothes, especially clothes that show off large parts of her body, and her closet and room is positively stuffed with them. My little sister Aeron is a completely different kettle of fish. Aeron picks a favorite outfit monthly and wears it EVERY.SINGLE .DAY. By the end of the month the poor clothes are in tatters, and she has to pick a new outfit.

My parents are the type of people who clothes are like breathing. At home, they wear basically what amounts to do day pajamas:  scruffy, comfortable, and boring. My Dad does have to wear nice clothes to work every day, but even then I don't think he ever thinks about what he's wearing. Still, on the rare occasion my parents do dress up nice to go out, they look great. Hunh. 

           There are a few people that I believe go completely overboard with clothes. I have a friend,( whose name I won't mention for her privacy), that to this day I believe has never thrown away a single article of clothing. Not one. Sure, she might have given away one or two, but I don't believe she's even gotten rid of her baby clothes! She has a whole wardrobe of clothes she never even looks at for petes sake. She is about my age, and still has a lifetime ahead of her to hord clothes packrat like till she has a whole department stores worth.

Jeez.

No comments: